This RIA is selling 38 client households that are mostly concentrated in the Boston metropolitan area. This is a partial book sale. The client households generated roughly $144,000 in trailing 12-month gross revenue, 92 percent from managing $12.5 million in assets, with the remaining 8 percent from financial planning fees.
The ideal buyer for these clients would be an RIA with at least one CFP on staff that understands the value of detailed financial planning, modern portfolio theory, and indexed funds. Clients are comfortable being serviced remotely or in person.